Take the quiz below to find out!
The Cozean Pelvic Dysfunction Screening Protocol
- I sometimes have pelvic pain (in genitals, perineum, pubic, or bladder area, or pain with urination) that exceeds a ‘3’ on a 1-10 pain scale with 10 being the worst pain imaginable.
- I can remember falling onto my tailbone, lower back or buttocks (even in childhood). I sometimes experience one or more of the following urinary symptoms:
- Accidental loss of urine Feeling unable to completely empty my bladder Having to void within a few minutes of a previous void
- Pain or burning with urination
- Difficulty starting or frequent stopping/starting of urine stream
- I often or occasionally have to get up to urinate two or more times a night.
- I sometimes have a feeling of increased pelvic pressure or the sensation of my pelvic organs slipping down or falling out.
- I have history or pain in my low back, hip, groin, or tailbone or have sciatica.
- I sometimes experience one or more of the following bowel symptoms:
- Loss of bowel control Feeling unable to completely empty my bowel movements
- Straining or pain with a bowel movement
- Difficulty initiating a bowel movement I sometimes experience pain or discomfort with sexual activity or intercourse.
- Sexual activity increases one or more of my other symptoms.
- Prolonged sitting increases my symptoms.
If you experience 3 or more items, pelvic floor dysfunction is likely. I recommend scheduling an appointment to discuss what you are experiencing, and find a path forward.